GRAMMY-nominated electronic trio Above & Beyond present the 16th edition of the iconic Volume series. Featuring 33 tracks over two discs, Anjunabeats Volume 16 features exclusive new music from 30+ artists, both fresh and familiar to Anjunabeats fans. Sketched on the road and in Jono, Tony and Paavo’s London studio over the past year, this new mixed compilation showcases the direction of Anjunabeats over the next 18 months.
Label stalwarts ilan Bluestone, Andrew Bayer, Gabriel & Dresden, Genix, Oliver Smith, Sunny Lax and Maor Levi all contribute. Ilan’s first outing after the release of his album “Impulse” is an exquisite rolling groover with BT, “Run”. Andrew Bayer returns with not one but two albums this summer, each side reflecting the “Duality” of his art – “On Tape” is Bayer’s contribution to Volume 16 and it demands to be played as loud as possible.
Some experienced veterans make their Anjuna debut: there’s a contribution from Conjure One and Sinéad O’Connor (infamous for “Tears From The Moon”), while legendary house-head Fred Falke is on remix duty, adding an extra French touch to Mat Zo and OLAN’s “Colours” from Mat’s “Illusion of Depth” album.
Five graduates of the Rising EP series also feature, plus a handful of up-and-comers including ANUQRAM, anamē and Simon Gregory. The captivating Kasablanca also have their first Volume outing, fresh off their stunning “Immunity EP” and a remix of Above & Beyond’s “Black Room Boy”.
And that brings the story back to A&B’s Hello Studios in Bermondsey. Four of the records debuted at ABGT450 last year feature on Volume 16, although two now take an entirely different direction. “Screwdriver” has received a deeper treatment from Jono, while Oliver Smith reworks “Gratitude”. “Projection”, an ID from their ABGT450 set, has been tweaked and tightened on the road over the last few months, as has “Chains” featuring Marty Longstaff. Plus, two excursions from A&B operations: there’s a contribution from Jono’s brand new project with Darren Tate, JODA (retouched by PROFF), and Paavo’s resurrected P.O.S alias.
A&B explain: “We hope you enjoy Anjunabeats Volume 16 as much as we do. More so than recent editions, both CDs feel like self-contained journeys, with CD1 perhaps best for an afternoon session and CD2 for the nightclub. It’s a testament to our ever-expanding and talented community of artists that we’re able to explore so many different sounds on this compilation album. Most of all it is full of the warmth and positivity you find in this family, and we hope to meet you at a show sometime very soon.”
Anjunabeats Volume 15 mixed by Above & Beyond is out on July 22nd, 2022!
Get your copy here:
Tracklist “Anjunabeats Volume 15”:
01. Jordin Post feat. Dan Soleil – Deserve You (Intro Mix)
02. Deeparture feat. Belle Doron – Brake
03. ANUQRAM – Get On
04. Avenue One – Upstairs Terrace
05. Above & Beyond feat. Zoë Johnston – You Got To Go (Fehrplay Remix)
06. Mat Zo – Colours (Fred Falke Remix)
07. P.O.S – Thunder & Sunshine
08. Laura van Dam – This Love
09. Sunny Lax – Dragonfly
10. Above & Beyond – Screwdriver (Jono Grant’s Summer Of ’95 Mix)
11. Grum feat. Sarah Appel – Come Alive
12. Gabriel & Dresden – Bias
13. BLR & anamē feat. Robbie Rise – Influencer
14. My Friend – Came Here For Love
15. SØNIN feat. Lewyn – Waterfall
16. Damate – Eternity
17. JODA – No One Walks Away (PROFF Remix)
18. Conjure One feat. Sinead O’Connor – Tears From The Moon (anamē Intro Mix)
19. Kasablanca – Dream About You
20. Harry Diamond & K-MRK – Knucklebones
21. ilan Bluestone & BT feat. Caitlin Charters – Run
22. Above & Beyond feat. Marty Longstaff – Chains (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
23. Vintage & Morelli – Crossroads
24. Alex Sonata & TheRio – Breath Of The Wild
25. Oliver Smith – Make Me Feel
26. Jerome Isma-Ae & Weekend Heroes – Left To Hide
27. Nitrous Oxide & Simon Gregory – Fusion
28. Andrew Bayer – On Tape
29. Maor Levi & OTIOT feat. EL Waves – Mhondoro
30. Genix – Ba55 I5land
31. Above & Beyond – Projection
32. Taygeto – Borealis
33. Above & Beyond & anamē feat. Marty Longstaff & Marty Longstaff – Gratitude (Oliver Smith Remix)