Graduating top of trance’s 2012 breakout class, one incredible DJ performance & studio production after another has, of late, seen Bryan Kearney’s career reach light speed. A man regularly credited with twisting the codes of high-octane trance and techno into an all-new hybrid, it’s a path that’s seen him progress from nu-skool leader to A-list challenger.
Having popped his mix-comp cherry with Solarstone’s ‘Pure Trance V3’ last year, early summer 2015 sees the young Irish turntable-ist take ownership of his own mix-comp marque. Incorporating his true grit/hang-tight mixing style with a flair for the sonically imaginative, Bryan has branded all the visceral excitement of his label & sound into the first volume of ‘This Is Kearnage’.
For its first throw-down, Kearney has drafted in fellow techno-trance innovator Will Atkinson to share mix-duties. Together the pair collectively chamber 36 sure-shots from the breakneck side of the paired genres.
In and amongst them are the latest from leading propagators like John O’Callaghan, Sean Tyas, Simon Patterson and, of course, Bryan and Will themselves. Kearnage Recordings’ studio vanguard are also standing tall, with exclusives signed right off the mixing desks of Will Rees, Nick Callaghan, Warren Adam, Sam Jones, James Rigby, Davey Asprey and others.
Under the hood of Bryan’s disc, there’s plenty of production star wattage ready to roar. ‘Adelphos’ and ‘Stay With Me’ – John O’Callaghan’s latest respective instrumental & vocal spot rockers arrive quick to his mix. As do Sean Tyas’ ‘Da Doo Da Dah’ and Andres Sanchez’s psy-siding remake of Simon Patterson’s Beatport-topping ‘Whites of Her Eyes’.
Naturally you’re in line for an XL shot of Kearney’s homegrown too, with the upcoming ‘Wake Up Call’, Will Rees-collab ‘Prime Example’ and UCast’s rewire of ‘Awaken’ all dealing next-level damage. With plenty of Kearnage Recordings’ SS15 collection (Sam Jones’ ‘Let Loose’, ‘Nethersphere’ from Davey Asprey, James Rigby ‘Anodise’ among them), his mix goes above the rim!
At the peak-of-peak-time, Will Atkinson’s mix picks right up where Bryan’s leaves off. He nods in the direction of the sound’s forefathers, working in tracks from some proto-techno-trance producers. ‘The Code’ – the latest from Mario Piu, Chris Chambers hard-grafting rework of DJ Misjah’s ‘No More Mr. Nice Guy’ and D.A.V.E. The Drummer’s immense, intense ‘Hydrogen’ all ramp tone, tempo and temperature.
Will’s own ‘Fresh Meat’, ‘Numb The Pain’ (“9/10 – beautiful enough to bring a lump to the throat” declared DJ Mag!), the 2015 edit of ‘Game Over’ and his new Darkboy guised ‘Walk The Talk’ collectively send the last remaining rafters flying.
If Boeing made trance, this is what it would sound like!
“This Is Kearnage 001” will be out on May 25th 2015!
Get you copy at iTunes:
Mix 1 – Mixed by Bryan Kearney
01. Axure – Metallurgia (Enrique Calvetty Remix)
02. Shanti vs. Deedrah vs. Modern8 – Virtual Kessef
03. John O’Callaghan – Adelphos
04. Bryan Kearney & Will Rees – Prime Example
05. Mindfold – Modulators (Waio Rmx)
06. Vini Vici – The Tribe
07. Sean Tyas – Da Doo Da Dah
08. Nick Callaghan & Warren Adam – Occlusion
09. John O’Callaghan & Deirdre McLaughlin – Stay With Me
10. Warren Adam – Kay 9
11. Bryan Kearney – Wake Up Call
12. Kaimo K – Mayhem (Paul Denton Remix)
13. Simon Patterson – Whites of Her Eyes (Sanchez Twisted Mind Remix)
14. Sam Jones – Let Loose
15. Bryan Kearney – Awaken (UCast Rewake)
16. Flynn & Denton – Second Chapter
17. James Rigby – Anodise
18. Davey Asprey – Nethersphere
19. James Poulton Anodyne (Amir Hussain Remix)
20. Bryn Liedl featuring Bethany Marie – Statues (Bryan Kearney Remix)
Mix 2 – Mixed by Will Atkinson
01. Avrosse – Disco Shit (Alok Remix)
02. Blazer – Obsidian
03. Mario Piu – The Code
04. Darkboy – Walk The Talk
05. Tempo Giusto & Jace Headland – Angry Dwarf
06. Darkboy – Set It Off
07. Jamie Walker – Dorado
08. Dave The Drummer – Hydrogen
09. Chris Chambers & DJ Ogi – The Fury of Tango
10. K.E.N.Y.U. – Iglu
11. DJ Misjah – No More Mr. Nice Guy (Chris Chambers Good Guy Remix)
12. Will Atkinson – Fresh Meat
13. Will Atkinson – Numb The Pain
14. Will Atkinson – Game Over (2015 Edit)
15. Fuma Funaky – ProTruba
16. Jase Thirlwall – Standby